A wedding is such an important event for everybody involved. Anyone getting married wants to make this event, from the ceremony to the honeymoon, as special as possible. It’s important to keep your role in the wedding well-defined and as stress-free as possible. One way of ensuring a fantastic time is to stay organized throughout the entire planning process.
Here is a comprehensive list of things you or your wedding planner will need to make sure are taken care of before your big day.
- Select Wedding Date: An engagement isn’t complete without a time-frame for your wedding.
- Hire Wedding Consultant: Find a professional who knows what he or she is doing to guide you through the planning.
- Determine Setting: Figure out the location, theme, number of guests, and the time of day your wedding will take place. This will help you plan the more specific details later on.
- Set Your Budget: Decide how much money you want to spend on your wedding so that you stay on track with how much you’re willing to spend on individual expenses.
- Buy a Daytimer: Have a daytimer to keep track of your planning appointments, events, and payments.
- Select Your Locations: Book your location for your wedding and reception.
- Choose Your Colours: Your colour scheme will help you plan for decorations, flowers, bridesmaid dresses, and tuxes for groomsmen.
- Purchase Your Bridal Gown: Look around and find the right dress for the wedding.
- Obtain Identification: Make sure you have passports and other documentation ready for travel arrangements – and don’t forget your marriage license.
- Choose Caterer: If you’re planning to have your reception catered, then look around and find one that suits your needs.
- Choose Photographer: Find a wedding photographer that will be able to capture your special day in the best light.
- Select Wedding Party: Choose your closest friends or family members to be part of the wedding party.
- Hand Out Responsibilities: Your wedding party will be able to help you plan the wedding.
- Select Bridesmaid Dresses: Make bridesmaids dresses match your theme and colour scheme.
- Select Other Attire: Find the right attire for the flower girl, mothers of the bride, and groom.
- Choose Musicians: Find and select the musicians for the ceremony and reception.
- Select Videographer: If you want to capture your wedding on video, then you might want to look for a specialized videographer.
- Find a Florist: Your flowers are an important part of your decorations. It’s necessary to find a quality florist that fits within your budget.
- Register Wedding Gifts: By registering at a few stores early, you’ll give your guests lots of time to find you the gifts that you need.
- Fit The Dresses: Schedule fitting times for all the bridesmaids for their gowns.
- Arrange Prep-Courses: If you want marriage-prep courses, then schedule them early.
- Reserve Rentals: If you’re renting anything for the ceremony or reception, such as audiovisual equipment, then reserve it well in advance.
- Choose a Decorator: If you want a professional decorator, book that professional early.
- Finalize Guest List: Choose the A list and B list for the big event.
- Choose Invitations: Select and order invitations that suit your style and theme.
- Organize Rehearsal Dinner: Set the date, time, and location for the rehearsal.
- Find Accommodations: You’ll want to find a place for you and your partner to stay on the wedding night as well as accommodations for out-of-town guests who are coming to the wedding.
- Start Planning the Honeymoon: Find out options on where you want to go and choose a budget that you’re willing to stick to.
- Shop For Wedding Gifts: Purchase your gifts for your wedding party, parents, and each other.
- Purchase Shoes and Accessories: Find shoes and accessories for the bride, bridesmaids, and groom.
- Order Wedding Bands: Make sure you have the perfect ring to tie everything together.
- Take Engagement Picture: A formal engagement picture is a wonderful present to send to family members and friends to add to the anticipation.
- Purchase Wedding Cake: Choose a cake that is big enough for your guest list but priced right for your budget.
- Select Decorations: Finalize your decoration choices and purchase them so that you’re ready to go.
- Honeymoon Preparation: Find luggage, suitable clothing, and other odds and ends for your honeymoon.
- Find Transportation: Make sure that you have wedding day transportation for the ceremony, picture-taking location, and the trip to your accommodations afterwards.
- Send Wedding Invitations: Get addresses and stamps ready to send out.
- Trials: Book your wedding day hair and makeup appointment – and give the styles a trial shot, too.
- Obtain Marriage License: Make sure that a marriage license doesn’t expire before the wedding takes place (usually 3 months).
- Select Helpers: You’ll need to choose your ushers, guest-book attendant, MC, and other helpers for your wedding day.
- Photography Permit: Depending on where you’re getting married, you might need a photography permit. If so, make sure you have this permit well in advance.
- Purchase Accessories: Find and select your guest book, toasting glasses, ring pillow, garter, and whatever other accessories you plan to have at your wedding and reception.
- Reserve Tux’s: Make sure that you have everything ready for the groomsmen.
- Rehearsal Invitations: Send out invitations to all who are attending the rehearsal dinner.
- Finalize Catering: Make sure that all the food and drink plans are ready for the wedding and reception.
- Finalize Decorations: Make sure that flowers and other decorations are taken care of.
- Finalize Details: Set a wedding-day plan, official itinerary, and make sure that wedding party each gets a copy.
- Finalize Contacts: If you have yet to receive a response from invited guests, check to see if they are attending the wedding.
- Finalize Vendor Details: Make sure vendors are prepared and set for the wedding day.
- Final Organizations: Decide the order of the head table, the photo checklist, the reception floor plan, wedding and reception seating plans, song selection with the musicians, and any VIP seating.
- Pick Up the Rings: Make sure you have the rings on hand for the ceremony.
- Honeymoon Tickets: Pick up the honeymoon tickets and double-check your plans to make sure everything is organized.
- Arrange Mail Collection: Make sure that your mail will be picked up while you are on your honeymoon.
- Get Organized: Make sure you have everything laid out and packed for the wedding and your honeymoon.
- Rehearse: Make sure the wedding party has everything they need for the big day.
- Enjoy: You are no ready for your wedding day. Have a blast!