The key to any wedding reception is to have a master of ceremonies that engages that crowd and keeps things moving at an appropriate pace. The master of ceremonies can make or break any celebration, so it’s very important to find the right one. While it might feel like a difficult process, there are ways of having the right MC for your wedding event. By finding the best person for the job, you’ll ensure that your guests have a lot of fun.
What Should You Look For?
The master of ceremonies is usually somebody that knows the bride and groom well – either a family member or a close friend. The person you choose should be close enough that they can joke around with the couple, tell stories that others might not know, and be a familiar face to many of your guests. They should either know or be capable of researching both families so that they can greet special guests by name and be a person that is easy to talk to.
you’ll also need somebody with the right personality and skills for the job. The master of ceremonies should be outgoing and comfortable in making conversation with anybody that is invited to the reception. A sense of humour is always appreciated, but an honest integrity also plays a role. You want the master of ceremonies to be a person respected by your guests and able to hold on to people’s attention.
The person you choose should be an extremely capable public speaker, because it would be no fun to have somebody stumbling over their words and jokes the whole time. While many people might get nervous when they are in the spotlight, some people handle the situation better than others. Find one of those people.
Being an MC is a pretty big job for one person to take on. You might want to ease some of the pressure by adding a partner to the mix. If you have a couple that is very outgoing, then they might be the perfect choice. it’s always fun to see a married couple with a sense of humour entertaining the crowd. While you don’t want the reception to be focused on the master of ceremonies, you should give them the freedom to have some fun.
Make sure that the person that you select doesn’t have any other significant tasks on the wedding day. Any extra pressure may cause your master of ceremonies to be less prepared than the person would like to be. While it’s important to have an MC that is organized, not many people can handle numerous jobs on the same day.
If you can’t find a friend or family member that can fit the role, then you might have to hire a professional. Some DJ services offer a master of ceremonies package. You could also search for public speakers in the phone book or at your local Toastmasters club.
it’s an honour for somebody to be chosen as your master of ceremonies. By trusting a person capable of doing a great job, you’ll ensure that your guests and head table will have a lot of fun.
What Does the Master of Ceremonies Do?
- Your master of ceremonies is in charge of keeping things flowing and interacting with the audience so that the reception doesn’t have any major lags when nothing is going on. The MC will typically…
- Announce the entrance of the parents of the couple, the wedding party, and the new couple as they enter the reception hall.
- Make any random announcements, such as parking arrangements.
- Organize toasts so that they run smoothly and everybody gets their chance to have a word.
- Transition from one part of the reception from the next.
- Choose a few games to play with the audience to keep them entertained. This may involve actual games, telling jokes, or trivia questions.
- Tell stories about the couple that other people find interesting (and in good taste).
- Be responsible for releasing tables to get food. This can be a simple process, but it can also be a lot of fun if the MC turns it into a contest of some sort.Create a few events for the newlywed couple to take part in.
- Announce the departure of the bride and the groom as they head out for their honeymoon. This should be a dramatic announcement so that the couple can have a celebrated send-off.
Making the Final Selection
As you can see, your master of ceremonies will have a lot of responsibilities. When you are considering your decision, you’ll want to make sure that you have somebody that is capable of handling all the information together so that there is never a dull moment. They should know the sequence of events, everybody’s names at the head table (and close family members), and how to strike conversation with people invited to the reception.
The right person for the job will find it an exciting position, not an extremely difficult one. While it will certainly take the MC time to prepare, that person’s personality is one that should be able to handle a few minutes on stage easily even if they’re put on the spot.
While it’s important to have a sense of humour, you also want the MC to be able to tell sentimental stories and short antidotes about the couple. This isn’t a comedy show; it’s a wedding reception. Emotion plays a huge roll.
You’ve probably had several names flash through your mind while you’ve been reading this article. The people that you’ve thought of are probably best suited for the job. If you want to look further, then you can always ask your parents or other family members for advice. Choosing your master of ceremonies can be a rich reward by making an informed decision.